Job Title: Senior Accounting Officer
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
Job Summary: The Senior Accounting Officer will support the Principal Financial Accountant to process all tax affairs expeditiously to alleviate the incidences of tax penalties arising out of delays, errors and omissions in the tax returns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register.
- In charge of processing all tax matters for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should preferably hold a B. Com (Hons) or BBA (Hons) Accounting option obtained from a recognized University.
- Hold professional qualification with a minimum of certificate stage of ACCA and Level 2 of CPA (K) or CPA (U).
- A minimum of six or more years’ experience in a reputable organization with at least 4 years practical experience in a similar job.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point and computerized accounting.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Aviation industry with Civil Aviation Authority should send hand-written applications with detailed CV and/copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below, before close of business on 27th March 2015. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office)
P .O. Box 5536, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 27th March 2015
NB: All applicants, who will not have heard from us by 30th May 2015, should regard their applications unsuccessful. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that applications are received by the indicated date.