Job Title: Finance Assistant Officer
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administrative Officer
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant Officer will be responsible for provision of accounting and administrative services to the GRC Country Office. The position holder will also be responsible for maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate financial report are delivered to tight deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder receives and reviews accountability from the field, shares feedback with field accountants immediately;
- Sorts, books and orderly files the accountability for further processing acc. to the GRC system and donor requirements;
- Generates the monthly closures of the accounts under his/her care by the 20th of each month;
- Ensures the proper filing and the safe custody of financial and administrative documents;
- Ensures a regular update of the inventories for cost centers in his/her responsibility;
- Proactively follows up on incomplete financial documentation and pending settlement of advances for the respective projects to avoid delays in bookkeeping;
- Organizes photocopying, sorting and dispatching the financial documents to GRC HQ;
- Manages the GRC office petty cash and monitors the office cash flow;
- Renders support in procurements and independently processes comparative bid analysis for approval by the supervisor;
- Works closely with URCS HR Finance and Supply Chain/Logistics to update the respective documentation;
- Organizes stationary and other office supplies;
- Provides other routine secretarial services for the GRC office like correspondence with the bank, with supplier’s immigration etc.;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Officer and the GRC Regional Finance Delegate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Finance Assistant Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a finance related field from a recognized institution;
- At least level 2 of ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
- One year of experience in a similar position;
- Previous experience with a donor funded institution will be an added advantage;
- Experience and/or working knowledge of an accounting software.
- Full computer literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS Office functions, especially Excel ;
- Excellent English communication skills including proven proficiency in drafting official letters and other documents;
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks and to maintain a high quality standard when working under time pressure;
- A mature personality of high integrity with great team working skills, a courteous attitude and a clear sense of confidentiality;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 31st July 2017 by 5:00pm