Vacancy title: Finance Assistant Officer
Type: FULL TIME.
Industry: Business Management and Administration
Category: Accounting & Finance
Jobs at: Quest Holdings Limited
Deadline of this Job: 2nd September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Quest Holdings Limited is a registered company with its Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. We provide professional receivable management solutions for both financial and commercial markets and focuses on maximizing clients’ cash flow management and credit control aspects.
We provide end to end accounts receivable management solutions from billing, reconciliation, 3rd party collections and skip trace. QHL is under a group of companies that have been providing these services for the past 9 years with presence in East Africa through subsidiaries situated in Nairobi, Kampala and Lusaka
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant Officer will provide financial and administrative support to Quest Holdings, based in Uganda. The staff will be a full time member of the Quest Holdings Limited support team. The position holder will be responsible for supporting the team in areas such as financial management and ensuring compliance with Quest internal policies and procedures.. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Management of the company’s imprest system including all receipts and payments, reconciling daily petty cash and providing daily cash reports.
· Assist in invoicing functions, providing information relevant for invoicing purposes, delivery of the respective invoices to various customers.
· Assisting in Banking and other bank-related functions such as deposits both cash and cheques, carrying out bank reconciliations monthly and ensuring that all the non-reconciling factors are brought to the attention of management.
· Record keeping; including all updates on the relevant ledger’s e.g. debtors, sales and other ledgers.
· Maintenance of the company’s asset register, a company asset file were all fixed assists are recorded and consistently updated for proper management decision making, ensuring that all company assets are insured and clearly branded with agreed company asset codes.
· Tax-related issues; assist in the provision of schedules that are relevant for URA tax purposes as and when required by the accountant.
· Generation of weekly financial reports in regard to collections, expenditure and financial position of the company and this is expected to be ready before close of business of every Friday.
· Advising management on relevant aspects in regard to the company’s daily financial aspects that may be of relevance.
· Creditors’ management; ensuring that all creditors’ records are up to date and their statements reconciled before any payment requests are made.
· Minimizing expenditure and ensuring that the company’s operations budget does not exceed the approved budget.
· Performing any other duty that in line with the work of an accounts officer as and when required and deemed fit by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a University degree of Business Administration supplemented by professional courses in Finance/Accounting or any other related field.
· Two to three years of progressively responsible work experience at the professional level in finance and office administration.
· Good writing and communication skills with supervisory ability.
· Ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment.
· Good level of spoken and written English.
· Analytical skills and negotiating skills.
· Willingness to travel outside the country.
· Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as part of a team in a challenging and highly fluid environment.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and cooperatively with team members are required.
· Basic knowledge in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and powerpoint.
· The high degree of cultural sensitivity.
· Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is a requirement.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: University degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 year’s
Job application procedure
All candidates should send their updated resumes and application letters firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the subject.