Organization: Kyambogo University
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Kyambogo University is the second largest Public University in Uganda. Since its formation in 2003, the University has established itself as one of the leading Universities in Uganda offering a number of academic programmes in line with vocational education, teacher training, hands-on engineering, special needs training, social sciences, pure and applied sciences, entrepreneurship and management that meet the Market remands and development needs of the Country. The Strategic Focus Areas of the Universityinclude: Teaching Learning; Research, Innovation and Knowledge Generation; Physical Infrastructure, Facilities and ICT Development; Institutional Development and Strategic Marketing.
Job Summary: The Director Human Resources will provide oversight and professional direction on the management of the human resource function at the University.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Director Human Resources career opportunity should possess a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration (HRM/Executive option), Public Administration, Management Studies (HRM option) or Organizational Psychology from a recognised institution.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s degree in either Arts (Social Sciences), Human Resource Management, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Education, Organisational Psychology or Law from a recognised institution.
- Possession of a Diploma in Law or Certificate in Administrative Law is an added advantage.
- At least ten years’ experience in a reputable organization, five (5) of which should have been at senior management level in the HR function.
- Applicants with experience in Higher Education Institutions will have an added advantage.
- Age: Between 40-55 Years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send six (6) copies of their applications together with the following:
- A Detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications.
- Names and addresses of three referees who should be advised to send reference letters direct to the Director Human Resources under confidential cover.
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts and certificates.
- Copies of the birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport or National ID indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
The complete and sealed application should be addressed to:
The Director Human Resources,
Second Floor, Administration Block,
P.O. Box 1, Kyambogo, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 7th August 2015 by 5:00 pm