Job Title: Finance Manager
KK Security Company is part of the KK Group of Companies which is a leading Security Company with significant growth establishing a strong presence and respected name in the business with Operations in Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and four other countries.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will primarily be charged with safe guarding Company’s assets by developing and maintaining an effective Finance and Accounting function. The incumbent will maintain accurate financial and accounting records and provide the Country General manager and management with reports and information for performance, evaluation, planning and decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, Supervising and coordinating all activities in the Finance department and providing professional and administrative guidance and advice to Management.
- Receiving, interpreting and executing all financial decisions made by the Board of directors as directed by the General Manager.
- Compiling annual estimates and, through the General Manager, presenting to the Board of Directors for approval.
- The Finance Manager will be preparing statements showing the Company’s performance and financial position.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an efficient system of budgetary control
- Maintaining all accounting and financial data and systems necessary to record all transactions of the Company in accordance with generally accepted international standards and provisions of the Companies Act.
- Ensuring that all accounting procedures and documents are adhered to safeguard Company’s Assets.
- Ensuring that all revenues and dues to the Company are properly recorded, banked and accounted for.
- Ensuring that all expenditures are properly and genuinely authorized and accounted for.
- Ensuring that Government taxes are paid on time and other statutory deductions made at the source are properly accounted for and paid.
- Appraising all proposed capital projects and investments.
- Preparing and presenting the financial statements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance and be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda or other recognized professional Accountancy body.
- Highly computer Literate with hands – on experience in use of Accounting packages especially QuickBooks
- Four or more years’ experience in Finance and accounting
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their Applications, Academic Transcripts and three professional Referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday 21st November 2014.