Vacancy title: Finance Officer
Jobs at: Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job: Thursday 15 August 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala.
Raising The Village provides a combination of community based projects to address the immediate needs of households living in extreme poverty to support them in building their foundation for long-term household income development. Raising The Village is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro, Kanungu, Rukungiri and has coordination office in Kampala and now expanding to Kagadi District.
The Finance Officer will support the Senior Finance Officer in the field districts under the projects in the areas of budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring; accounting/budget execution within the field Districts also provide financial advisory services to the Field Officers..
• Ensure that books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required;
• Update internal systems with financial data; prepare monthly financial reports; participate in budget preparation; review and implement financial policies; manage and create financial reports on a regular basis; suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving; manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer by 1st of every month; prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices; provide support to staff through trainings to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures;
• Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for each field office; manage of the office and project operations cash in field offices; maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence; assist with recording expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in Raising the Village Field office financial tracking/recording program (currently Sage Accounting).
Preferred Technical Skills
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
• Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
• Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
• Previous experience with accounting software (Sage Accounting),
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and Microsoft word.
• Good time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
Education, Qualification and experience
• Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of (3) three years of professional experience in providing accounting and bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Officer role.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage
Job Experience Requirements: A minimum of (3) three years of professional experience
Job application procedure
Please follow the link to apply: https://forms.gle/k6voyibyPSzM1XkeA. Closing date for receiving applications is close of business Thursday 15 August 2019.