Job Title: Grants and Contracts Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Grants and Contracts Officer will develop and maintain a Grants management database to enable effective tracking of all grants on board, ensure effective Grants management at all stages – start up, implementation, and closure as per donor guidelines and within the stipulated timelines, and track Baylor Uganda’s recovery from the different Grant contribution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure up-to-date Baylor Uganda’s electronic registration for respective funders,
- Ensure Compliance with all donor requirements, and provide regular reports to senior management on Baylor Uganda’s compliance status,
- Ensure pre-award checks are done before any grant agreements or contracts are signed,
- Reviewing and ensuring that Project requests are in line with donor Guidelines and approved work plans,
- Prepare Routine budget monitoring against work plans reports,
- Support the development of budgets as part of acquisition/business Development,
- Make Expenditure analysis reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, tracking project unit costs,
- Make Budget against Actual reports to be reviewed by the line manager and shared with technical area leads/Budget holders,
- Prepare financial projections relating to grants/projects to advice on likely financial status in near future,
- Review partnership financial reports, and accountabilities for reasonableness and allowability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in business administration or finance, with exceptional spreadsheet construction skills.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA) is desired.
- Two years of experience in grants administration from a reputable organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st January 2023