Job Title: Stores Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Stores Officer will provide services in regard storage, stock control and stock issuing of Drugs, Laboratory supplies, spare parts and consumable materials to appropriate users and Baylor medical logistic officer for distribution in line with Baylor Uganda stores management and procurement guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement an individual work plan for Stores Operations in line with Baylor Uganda operations guide lines, with an aim of meeting timely quarterly set targets.
- Receive and store organizational items, materials and supplies in the Navision system in line with the stores and procurement guidelines.
- Carry out a physical check for items before handing them over for dispatch, then Issue stores Supplies and materials to different users and Baylor medical logistic officer for distribution to Baylor supported site in line with the Baylor Uganda stores SOPs.
- Conduct regular weekly status stock updates, monthly and quarterly physical stock taking to monitor Stock items and inventory levels in line with the Baylor-Uganda stores operating Procedures.
- Maintain a detailed electronic tracking of all inventory and materials received and issued in the Navision system in line with the Baylor Uganda Stores Operating Procedures
- Maintain a secure, safe, organized and hygienic store at the Head Office.
- Build capacity of the staff on stores operations and monitor their compliance to storage operations guidelines through periodic stores audits and follow up on agreed upon interventions in line with the Baylor-Uganda stores operating Procedures.
- Maintain updated filling system for stores records on items, materials and supplies received and issues out in line with the Baylor-Uganda stores operating Procedures.
Also Read : Senior Resettlement Assistant Job – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain management or CIPS. A degree with a professional qualifications in CIPS level 4 (Diploma) will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of working experience in store management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 18th January 2023