Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Manager
UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. Uganda is one of the over 190 countries and territories around the world where we work to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination place in a child’s path.
Job Summary: The Supply & Logistics Officer will support the Supply Manager in the procurement, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s supplies, in support of the Country Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports in the implementation of the supply component of the Country Programme, including a system for the procurement and distribution of supplies to all project sites.
- Regularly interacts with the Programme Section in the preparation of appropriate documents: Supply plans, distribution plans, TORs, supply / contracts requisitions, tenders documents and purchase orders, etc.; according to procurement specifications, UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, SD Manual, and all other applicable procurement procedures.
- Carry out local procurements, as required. Prepares RFQ/ITB/RFP invitations to potential suppliers, evaluates quotations, clarifies offers and negotiates with suppliers as appropriate. Makes recommendations for finalization of purchases, adjudicates offers. Prepares and defends submission to CRC. Drafts contracts and long terms arrangements.
- Support the Supply Manager with logistics planning, and arrangements facilitating efficient clearance, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment to end-users from ports of entry and warehouses. When required, maintains contact with customs officials, follows up on preliminary supply clearance documentations to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Actively monitors supplier’s performance and market developments. Undertakes field visits to project sites and sub-offices to inventory and monitor supply inputs. Proposes corrective actions to improve logistical procedures.
- Identifies training needs and develops training activities in supply management for UNICEF’s staff/consultants and counterparts, designed to improve supply delivery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned United Nations UNICEF Supply & Logistics Officer should hold a University degree in Business Administration, Management, Law or a related technical field.
- At least two years of professional work experience in supply/logistics management at the national and international levels.
- Excellent analytical and negotiating skills.
- Possess the ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
- Ability to work analytically on several project simultaneously and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to establish harmonious work-relationships with colleagues in an international and multicultural environment.
- Possess the ability to supervise and direct a team of support staff.
- Ability to implement training.
Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Drive for Result; Working With People.
Functional Competencies (Required): Applying Technical Expertise; Following Instructions and Procedures; Planning and Organizing;
How to Apply:
ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All candidates who desire to work in the prestigious United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd December, 2014