Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (Footwear Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client, one of the oldest dealers in quality footwear for both men and women.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will provide support in the implementation of Human Resource policies, strategies and regulations and provide the required guidance to effectively monitor, evaluate and make appropriate recommendations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide guidance on policies and procedures
- Participate in staff recruitment and selection programmes.
- Participate in staff training and development activities.
- Be responsible in keeping comprehensive up-to-date personal records of employees on such matters as Bio Data, Wages, Leave, Training and related aspects.
- Preparing and maintaining the pay-roll.
- Filing HR records.
- Participating in staff orientation and induction programmes.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the human resource information system.
- Assist the Manager HR in preparing Management and Board papers.
- Monitoring renewal and expiry of staff contracts.
- Liaise with the directorate of finance to ensure payments of staff entitlements.
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in developing and implementing performance management processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Human Resource Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or other closely related areas.
- Post graduate training in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
- Experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position for at least three years
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficiency in IT (MS Office packages)
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters (include salary expectation) and updated CVs via email to email@example.com with the subject line quoted as “Human Resource Officer”
Deadline: 12th October 2018 by 5.00pm