Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Coordinator
International Justice Mission (IJM) is working to eliminate property grabbing in Uganda by bringing rescue and restoration to individual victims, accountability to their perpetrators, and transformation to the public justice system as a whole.
Job Summary: The Human Resources and Administration Coordinator will have the opportunity to manage human resources, procurement and general office administration functions in the Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resources:
- Development: take part in IJM’s professionalism and Christian spiritual formation programs.
- Carry out HR management functions, including recruiting, on-boarding, training, discipline, compliance, performance management, professional development, employee files, etc.;
- Track, monitor and record employee leave, attendance, overtime and working hours;
- Assist the Director of Finance/Admin in management of employee benefits programs; and
- Manage staff care program to encourage emotional and professional health of staff members.
- Supervise and oversee activities of Operations Assistant, Housekeeper and contract personnel;
- Manage the security, maintenance, and repairs of office premises and assets;
- Carry out clerical duties (photocopying, posting, errands, etc.) as needed;
- Receive phone calls and guests on behalf of the Kampala office as needed; and
- Support in hosting guests, visitors, and volunteers.
- Procure goods and services to support non-IS and non-Aftercare related office functions;
- Manage relationships and contracts with vendors, utilities and service providers; and
- Oversee the maintenance of adequate stores of office supplies, equipment and small tools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business administration, human resources, etc);
- At least three or more years of experience as HR officer, office administrator or similar position;
- Past exposure and experience working in a professional international environment preferred;
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Fluency in English and Luganda, with excellent writing and speaking in both; and
- Driver’s license and experience driving manual vehicles preferred.
- The applicant must be a Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values;
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication;
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Intelligent, organized, creative and proactive problem solver;
- Attention to detail, able to handle various administrative tasks, and disciplined with priorities; and
- Possess the ability to cooperate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below and carefully following instructions.