Job Title: Humanitarian Response Coordinator
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director, the Humanitarian Response Coordinator (HRC) will plan, organize, coordinate and lead upcoming humanitarian emergency responses as well as nexus programs for FH Uganda. Will explore possibilities of new opportunities in relief and humanitarian affairs to assist communities in need and better position FHU in the humanitarian sector in Uganda. The HRC will ensure timely, accurate and effective delivery of humanitarian interventions and ensure the projects stay on time, scope, and budget, promote practice of performance, accountability, and risk management in line with in line with FH’s “Transforming Field Experience(TFE)” re-imagination initiative.
The HRC will ensure timely, accurate and effective delivery of humanitarian interventions and ensure the projects stay on time, scope, and budget, promote practice of performance, accountability, and risk management in line with in line with FH’s “Transforming Field Experience(TFE)” re-imagination initiative. Co-lead technical design of Emergency relief and humanitarian projects with support from the technical program specialists in line with FH’s program design guidelines and core humanitarian standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relief & Humanitarian Affairs (RHA) strategy development and implementation,
- Strategic partnerships development for business acquisition and growth,
- Networking and External Engagement with technical working groups, donors, potential partners
- Leadership, culture and talent development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in disaster response and management, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, development studies, social work, Food science and nutrition
- Postgraduate qualification in disaster response, project management, Natural resource management, development studies, social work is an added advantage.
- Typically, 5+ years project and management experience in implementing emergency relief aid measures of agencies, linking emergency with long term development as well as Nexus building actions,
- Proven experience in designing and implementing actions funded by ECHO, OCHA, USAID, UN agencies and other relevant humanitarian donors,
- Knowledge and understanding of Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods, Education and WASH programming in emergencies, humanitarian response, complex emergencies, conflict resolution and international humanitarian law/standards,
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is satisfactory. Ability to speak local language of the area is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 9th September 2022 at 4:30pm