Job Title: Project Coordinator – Livelihoods
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Amudat, Uganda
Reports to: Program Area Manager
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that all activities related to project are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed Donor Guidelines, standards and budget, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to the projects/ Programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management and coordination
- Coordination and reporting
- Project monitoring and evaluation
- Finance management
- Performance management and supervision
- Project resource mobilization
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural extension, Science in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agriculture Economies or related fields is a must. Post-graduate degree is desirable.
- A significant (at least 5 years) experience working with an INGO in increasing positions of reporting and responsibility.
- Experience (2 years) developing and implementing Agriculture and Livelihoods sector activities.
- At least five years of experience with donor compliance and reporting, budgets and tracking of project resources
- Solid experience of community mobilization approaches and coordination with governments / local authorities.
- Experience with donor compliance and reporting, budgets and tracking of project resources.
- Experience living and working in dynamic, insecure environments and with local communities, experience working in Karamoja is an added advantage.
- Good leadership qualities and ability to interact effectively with donors, counterparts and organizations.
- Maintains an attitude and behavior or readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of Food for the Hungry.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills, Logistical planning and problem-solving skills, Ability to live and work from within a remote post,
- Demonstrated written and oral English communication skills (must be able to provide an independently created and relevant writing sample).
- Demonstrated budget and expense management skills.
- A valid motorcycle riding permit, including the ability to ride and care for a motorcycle
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Deadline: Friday 25th November 2022 at 4:30pm