Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Finance Officer-North
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Regional Logistics Officer North, the Logistics Assistant will conduct timely procurement of quality goods, services and works that comply with the required specifications while upholding Food for the Hungary’s procurement procedures and policies and maintaining high level of accountability and integrity. With support from the Regional Logistics Officer, seek for procurement and logistical support for effective management of program procurement needs. The job holder shall further support the functioning of administration in areas of inventory, fleet, assets management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement Processing – 55%
- Stakeholder Relationship and Performance Management- 15%
- Administration (Inventory. Fleet and Asset Management -30%
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management a relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
- At least three years of experience in a busy procurement and logistics department an INGO environment is required
- Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, USAID) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements required. Familiarity with areas of operation is an added advantage.
- Note: A valid motorcycle riding permit, including the ability to ride and care for a motorcycle is a must for this job
- Language Proficiency in local languages like Luo for Lamwo and written English is a Must.
- Adolescent programing, compliance, external engagement Gender mainstreaming, Safeguarding, financial and project management experience.
- Experience with working with private and institutional donors. This will include UNWFP, UNFAO, UNHCR, UKAID/FCDO, GIZ, KOICA. USAID. EU-ECHO. PRIA
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022
For More Information, or news about universities in Uganda. Kindly Click on Our WhatsApp group below. Thank You https://chat.whatsapp.com/DOA1rJLC81nINwPAFwmkul