Job Title: ICASS Quality Control/Make-Ready Coordinator (Fresher Admin Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: USD $38,894
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-053
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The ICASS Quality Control/Make-Ready Coordinator reports directly to the General Services Officer in charge of Housing. The position supports the International Cooperative Administrative Support Services (ICASS) operations, ensuring that ICASS sections meet standards in the delivery of ICASS services to customers, and advises the Management Officer on special projects and areas of focus needed to improve service delivery. As the ICASS Residential Make-Ready Coordinator, s/he ensures a coordinated approach among ICASS sections that prepare residences for occupancy of incoming staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy ICASS Quality Control/Make-Ready Coordinator job opportunity should have two years of University Studies. Required.
- At least two years of general office experience in customer-focused work environment is required.
- General administrative and office procedures.
- Ability to obtain knowledge regarding various Uganda Government Departments and their locations (maps); and to become familiar with the local labor laws such as the Workers Compensation Act and the Employment Act.
- Excellent drafting skills (English), strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills required.
- Must demonstrate expertise in customer-focused management, including sound judgment and creative problem-solving in addressing issues varying in volume, scope, and complexity.
- Ability to remain tactful and professional at all times.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and be able to juggle dozens of different, often time-sensitive tasks in a variety of specialized areas. Level 1 Typing is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint), ILMS, and myServices is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th November 2022