Job Title: Infrastructure Officer (No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Temporary Infrastructure Officer will be expected to perform regular preventive maintenance and recommendations of Pride’s hardware systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Install hardware systems, applications and configure work stations for users.
- Maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, stand-alone PCs and other supporting devices and Operating System software.
- Install licensed applications onto new computers and laptops.
- Configure, maintain and make sure users are joined to the domain.
- Maintain all IT hardware registers and error logs.
Troubleshoot hardware systems and perform backups of information systems.
- Attend to all assigned incidents and provide a preventive maintenance report, analysis report, projection and recommendation reports.
- Provide support to branches.
- Advise and recommend on the status of ICT assets.
- Coordinate and conduct training of staff in hardware.
Conduct regular servicing and maintenance of IT equipment.
- Service ICT equipment based on Pride’s guidelines.
Maintain ICT Inventories and Equipment.
- Prepare and provide an updated asset inventory and reconcile with fixed asset register.
- Track movement of assets in the allocated branch cluster and assets set for repairs.
- Budget coordination, securing of budget information and communication of the budget.
Provide quality power to ICT Equipment to ensure safety and longevity of equipment.
- Recommend upgrading of power system of Pride branches.
- Track status of UPS in branches by reviewing the event logs of online UPS and inverters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree in IT / Computer Science or any other related field.
- Two Principal passes at A ‘Level
- Credits in Mathematics and English at O ‘Level
- The ideal candidate should be a team player, Outgoing, Proactive, efficient
- He/she must possess high organizational skills with good interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 4th March 2023