Job Title: Projects and Strategy Manager
Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The main role of the Projects & Strategy Manager is to oversee and implement changes in approaches, methods, product and processes to enhance competitiveness, standardize the execution of projects in order to maintain productivity, offer guidance to various business managers while developing metrics on the practice of project management. He or she will also champion strategic planning, execution and monitoring of the Corporate Business Compact. He/she will directly report to the Executive Director and will be based at Head Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, strategize, develop, and drive transformative initiatives and champion the role of innovation by aligning overall business strategy with innovative thinking
- Coordinate the strategic planning sessions including but not limited to team member composition, data collection and documentation of the strategic plan
- Create and oversee a comprehensive long-term innovation strategy for the company
- Collaborating with other department Heads to define, prioritize, and develop projects as well as identification of opportunities
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables
- Meet with stakeholders at different levels to identify areas of innovation and growth
- Develop and update the Corporate Business Compact highlighting the agreed upon initiatives KPI’s and targets among others
- Cascade the corporate Business Compact across all departments and sections in line with the lead persons for each initiative
- Generate the operational Plan execution monitoring reports highlighting KPIs against set targets as well as gap analysis for execution
- Assess business opportunities for implementation of advanced technologies to develop value for the business
- Provide leadership to the Business Intelligence and big data strategy as critical sup-port functions towards generation of business insights for business growth and customer relations management
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to senior management
- Perform BI research and provide results and findings to senior management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, BA, BCOM, BSTAT, ECON, Social Sciences or in any other relevant / related field.
- A Master’s degree in related field
- A Project Management certification
- At least four years’ experience in managing projects in the financial industry, 3 years of which in a supervisory position
- He/she should not be more than 40 years of age
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st January 2023