Job Title: ICT Security Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Security Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The ICT Security Officer is responsible for monitoring the security compliance of networks, servers and applications, and respond to security events and alerts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement security measures in compliance with Pride’s policies and procedures.
- Implement domain logical access matrix to Pride’s ICT policy.
- Review IT security strategy, policies and standards as per the business requirements.
- Monitor users’ complaints, issues, log in errors and develop statistical data
- Install and update IT infrastructure, provide security against hackers and intruders.
- Install a robust and secure infrastructure
- Review and recommend to Manager ICT Security cost effective and appropriate security technology products for network, systems and data.
- Periodically test the disaster recovery plan (DRP).
- Conduct testing of the disaster recovery plan.
- Conduct Intrusion detection on the network to identify Vulnerabilities that exist in a System and network. Stays
- Conduct vulnerability scans on the network to identify vulnerabilities that can be used by a hacker to compromise the network.
- Ensure patches are distributed to all machines.
- Conduct Business Impact assessment for the ICT department.
- Conduct Risk assessments for the ICT Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT, Statistics or relevant Engineering or Business-related subject from a reputable university. Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CEH).
- 2 Principal passes at A’ Level and Credits or Pass in Maths and English at O’ level.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a busy ICT environment in a similar position, preferably a banking industry
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, at the address below, or on email: email@example.com with a detailed curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from 3 referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a daytime telephone contact. All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline: 19th May 2023