Job Title: Database Administrator (5 Job Opportunities)
Q Sourcing is an East African human resource consulting and outsourcing company, combining unparalleled
experience and expertise across business functions.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will provide Administration and maintenance of databases in the company in a 24 x 7, 99% uptime environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organizations databases.
- Maintain, tune and patch databases for optimum performance and security.
- In charge of the designing, implementing and testing of new databases.
- Actively participate in the design of new databases with consideration to your expertise.
- Ensure changes are planned and implemented in a sound low risk manner with minimal system outages.
- Prepare and maintain key team support documents.
- Offer on-call support and participate in 24 x 7 roster rotation groups.
- Assist Service Management and Application teams in solving problems.
- Provide solutions architecture advice (where qualified / experienced to do so).
- Provide Technical Project Management (where experience and asked to do so).
- Provide technical support for costing solutions (hardware, software, and implementation labour), where experienced and / or being coached in doing so.
- Escalate problems and concerns to the manager.
- Monitoring the backups on the Oracle databases.
- Performing database recovery tests with existing backups
- Network backup monitoring.
- Oracle Database licensing Database security and integrity of Data.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Database Administrator should hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. OR equivalent qualification
- Possession of Oracle, SQL administration certifications (Added advantage).
- A minimum of two years’ administrative experience with clustered databases.
- Proficiency in working in a redundant 24 x 7 high availability environment.
- Proficiency in backup technologies, preferably EMC
- Ability to perform calmly but efficiently and logically under stressful environments.
- Ability to use rman for database backup and recovery.
Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to
Note: Kindly mark your application as “Application _Database Administrator” in the subject
line of your email.
Deadline: 16th February, 2015 by 5:00 PM
Click here to see more jobs available