Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Farm Source Ltd (FSL)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Finance & Administration
Farm Source Ltd (FSL) is a private limited Firm established in 2006 to provide Veterinary Medicines, Agricultural Chemicals, improved seeds, and extension services. To date, the firm has expanded into six sales outlets and it operates three farms engaged in mixed farming and a nursery bed. Effective 2017, a new business model was developed aimed at turning around the Company into Agricultural production.
Job Summary: The Accountant will plan, budget and coordinate disbursement of funds and its accountability, according to finance and accounting regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of budgets, as well as review and take part in the budgetary control exercise and activities.
- Reconciling bank statements to iron out discrepancies with cash books
- Preparing and submission of financial statements and reports
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on outstanding prepayments, deposits and advances.
- Prepare a reconciled report with the Procurement unit with regard to prepayments, advances and deposits
- Coordinate the update of financial data to ensure a reliable and secure accounting system that provides timely accurate and quality financial information
- Preparation of final accounts and financial statements in liaison with the auditors.
- Maintain the farm’s General Ledger and its subsidiaries and ensure integrity of the same
- Recommend suppliers for payments, as well as review from time to time and ensure strict adherence to the established Authority levels
- Maintain the Company’s Fixed Asset Register and ensure that periodic reconciliations, physical counts, pruning and updates are carried out.
- Prepare Monthly Tax Returns, file tax returns to URA, and pursue tax credit certificates regularly.
- Monitor the billing for accuracy and timeliness every month
- Supervising Accounts Staff and evaluating their performance
- Perform any other duties related to the above as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration (Accounting option) or Business Studies (Accounting Option) from a reputable University or Institution
- Level two or possession of full professional qualification from an internationally recognized accountancy institution, such as ACCA, CPA (UK), CFA, CIMA is added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounting or related experience from a reputable organization
- Computer literacy in MS-office package especially MS-word, MS-excel is essential.
- Good presentation and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal, human relations and team management skills.
- Analytical and accuracy skills.
- Coordination and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency skills.
- Maturity, high ethics and integrity.
- A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
How to Apply:
Applications should bear the tittle of the position with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating names and addresses of three referees, one recent passport size photograph, photocopy of the National Identity Card, applicants’ daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all academic certificates. The applications should be addressed to the Director Farm Source Limited P.O Box 631, Mukono, Kampala or preferably sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who send via email should ensure that attachments are sent as a single document.
Deadline: Wednesday 12th September, 2018 by 4:00p.m.