Job Title: Administration Manager
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services
Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Administration Manager will develop and review systems for acquisition, utilization and maintenance of assets and infrastructure in line with UCDA’s strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and review UCDA’s asset management and maintenance systems and policies in line with the UCDA’s strategic objectives.
- Prepare departmental annual budgets, work plans and procurement plans, and monitor their expenditure in line with the established guidelines.
- Coordinate the preparation of project conceptual designs, blue prints and Scope of Works and quality management systems for the redevelopment or improvement of UCDA properties in order to maximize UCDA’s financial returns and for the benefit of its tenants.
- Monitor UCDA property leases, and liaise with the Uganda Land Commission and KCCA to ensure that the Authority’s properties are correctly assessed and billed for ground rent and property rates, and ensure that payment is promptly effected.
- Coordinate periodic valuation of UCDA’s properties and prepare valuation reports for Management’s consideration.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the Authority, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Plan for the effective provision of facilities and logistical support including staff travel and transport logistics to all Directorates and Departments.
- Implement and monitor all UCDA’s suppliers, vendors and service providers’ contract agreements related to all Administration department functions.
- Manage and coach the Administration department team to ensure Staff deliver high quality services.
- Prepare periodic reports as required by Management.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management T eam from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Degree in any one of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering; Building Economics; Quantity Surveying; Architecture; or any other equivalent and relevant discipline.
- Post graduate qualification in related field, or Business Administration, or Project Planning, or Management will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years working experience in estates management, construction, or logistics management, three (3) years of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Excellent Computer skills in Auto CAD, MS Office especially Excel and Word.
- Creativity in designing Architectural & Structural designs.
- Effective projects execution and infrastructure maintenance skills.
- Good drafting, writing, communication, reporting, and Interpersonal and team work
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on deadlines with a good level of accuracy under minimum supervision.
- High levels of honesty, ethics and integrity.
- Cost consciousness and ability to pursue value for money.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Interested applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 19th October 2018