Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: E-Government Procurement Manager
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide Administrative support by handling correspondences between and within the E-Government Procurement Project, as well as ensure proper document/filing, records keeping and mail handling system for efficient and effective service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative/secretarial services for E- GP Project staff and clients as required in order to facilitate achievement of intended objectives.
- Ensure that all claims submitted / presented for payment are accurate with required supporting documents.
- The Administrative Assistant will primarily ensure that the quality services are provided at the reception desk that meet the standards and expectations of PPDA.
- Manage the receiving, registration and distribution of mail received, ensuring that the correct persons receive the correct response.
- Actively contribute to the planning and managing of the Project’s schedules and related logistics to ensure that the directorate efficiently meets the timelines and execution of duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration.
- A credit in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer care skills
- Information Handling and Filing
- Information Technology/ Computer Skills
- High level of integrity.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit completed application forms, download here, and relevant academic documents via Email to; email@example.com with the job position applied for as the subject.
- The attachments should be limited to the following documents; a duly filled application form, O-level and A-level Certificate, Degree or Diploma Transcript and or a valid driving permit in the case of drivers.
- All attachments combined should not exceed 5MBs
- All successfully submitted applications will receive an email for notification of receipt.
Deadline: 15th June 2018 by 5:00pm