Vacancy title: Regional Legal Officer for Africa
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: Alliance One
Deadline of this Job: 22nd September 2019
Duty Station: Within Malawi , Lilongwe , East Africa
Alliance One is a subsidiary of Pyxus international Inc. a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Africa [and other regions]. lt service the needs of its shareholders and their customers by growing, buying, processing and selling crops and Agricultural products in
Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Jordan, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Title: Regional Legal Officer for Africa
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, the main purpose of the job is to provide guidance to the business functions across the region and provide jurisprudence in legal and compliance issues. .
Key Result Areas:
• Legal advice and guidance to the business
• Corporate compliance review and advice
• Employment law review and advice
• Legal agreements review
• Company secretarial assurance
• Tax Compliance assurance
• Startups and investment advice
• Litigation case management
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Law
• MBA in Business Planning and Analysis
• 6 -10 years‘ experience in commercial law with an international firm or multinational company
Skills and Competencies:
• The applicant must have the following skills and competencies:
• Analytical slcills
• Communication skills — the successful applicant must communicate clearly in English
• Exercise good judgement in internal and extemal consultation
• Software skills — the successful applicant must be proficient in MS Office and business communication tools
• Abilityto effectively:
a. work with people from various cultures and backgrounds,
b. work independently and in a team when required
c. work simultaneously on more than one project assignment,
d. organize work to schedule and deadlines
• Commercial acumen: a strong understanding of the business world, markets and environment.
• The successful applicant should be willing and able to travel extensively.
• The position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi. This is a Senior Management position and a commensurate remuneration and benefits package will be offered.
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Law
Job Experience Requirements: 6 -10 years
Job application procedure
SSend your Curriculum Vitae with names of three referees to the address below, no later than 22nd September 2019 to:
The Regional Human Resources Director
Alliance One Tobacco (Malawi) Limited
Capital City, Lilongwe, MALAWI