Organisation: ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Duty Station: Moyo, Uganda
Reports to: Area Coordinator
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non- political and non-confessional international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for a better future.
Job Summary: The Area Finance and Administration Officer is in charge of ACTED’s field accountancy, cost controls and follow up and to oversee a variety of administrative and human resource roles in Moyo office. The Area Finance and Administration Officer is accountable for the true and fair accountancy of ACTED Moyo office as well as office support and management of the base Finance and Admin officer. The incumbent will;
- Respect and follow-up the ACTED’s FLAT procedures;
- In collaboration with other Area Office staff in Moyo, send financial documents in a timely manner to the capital office in Kampala.
- Collaborate with Logistics, Program and AME departments.
- Work closely with the FLAT Officer for ACTED Uganda to ensure efficient flow of information from the Moyo Office to capital office and FLAT procedures followed by all departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly updates, monthly reports and any other reports requested by line manager.
- Work in close collaboration with the Area Cashier and Logistics officers in Moyo, respect and follow ACTED Finance, Logistics and Administration (FLAT) processes and procedures and ensure that ACTED’s standard FLAT system is implemented in ACTED Uganda offices.
- Maintain regular communication with the ACTED FLAT team in Uganda to ensure effective implementation of ACTED’s programs.
- Work closely with FLAT departments to ensure the accurate and timely receipt of all FLAT documentation to the capital office in Kampala.
- Control advances given to staff;
- Daily updates to cashbook
- Mid Month cash book review at Area level and sent to capital Office
- Supervise cash management while observing ACTED procedures.
- In charge of the preparation and follow up of Cash Request and Cash Flow with capital Office
- Responsible for checking and signing Cash Checking documents at the Area level.
- Responsible for signing payment voucher (Finance section)
- Responsible for signing purchase order (Check allocation & Procurement Scenario)
- Responsible for checking all documentation is fully signed before proceeding with the payment.
Support Filing for all Departments:
- Finance Department – Responsible for final check of Area office vouchers (monthly basis)
- Finance Department – Responsible for supervision of filling process and proper flows with Capital Office (monthly basis)
- Ensure with program, AME and logistics departments that relevant copies of project related financial, logistics, administrative and programme information are in a designated project file at the Area Office while original documents are sent to Kampala Office on regular basis.
- Responsible for handling Administration and Human Resources issues at Moyoand liaising with both coordination and capital HR officers when need be.
- Ensure that ACTED HR policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff members in ACTED Moyo office in line with the HR manual.
- Ensure that time sheets are filled, approved, filed, and submitted, that leave requests are properly filled, filed, and submitted and that the attendance sheets and leave requests are reconciled with each other)
- Prepare the relevant section(s) of the HR TITANIC as requested by the Capital HR Department
- Ensure that staffs in Moyo office have signed their pay slips on monthly basis and submitted to Kampala on timely basis.
- Maintain personal files for all the staff in the Area Office.
- Maintain leave follow-up and ensure these documents are submitted to capital office in a timely manner;
- Mediate Area office staffs disputes when appropriate
- Work in close collaboration with coordination and Kampala team, facilitate disciplinary processes as needed
- Liaise with authorities in case of need and if requested.
- Receive visitors to office and respond to their needs;
- Performs any other relevant duties
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ACTED Area Finance and Administration Officer job placement must hold a University degree with a major in Accounting and part qualification in CPA or A.C.C.A.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience within the NGO and humanitarian sectors.
- Previous experience in working as a Finance/Admin Officer on accounting/financial management of programs with international, non-profit organizations as well as experience in providing administrative support to an international organization HR related matters will be an added value.
- Prior experience with computerized accounting and strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written English fluency required.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literacy skills and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Language Skills: Fluency in English and Madi is required
NB: Applicants should be natives or currently living in Moyo.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, three work related referees and daytime contacts to the Senior Community Development Officer or District Labour Officer, Moyo District, P.O. Box 1, Moyo. Uganda
Deadline: 16th August 2017 by 5:00pm