Job Title: Senior Programme Assistant (Data Analysis)
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain a functional database for Programme Management Information System (ProMIS) related to indicators of food and nutrition security and general WFP corporate reporting requirements;
- Ensure that the ProMIS database is appropriately aligned to respond to Monitoring and Evaluation needs of WFP Uganda;
- Work in liaison with ICT Unit ensure that the ProMIS database is running on a safe, secure and robust platform and the backup of the ProMIS database is done regularly and an appropriate disaster recovery mechanism is in place;
- Ensure entry of cooperating partners distribution reports into THE The Commodity Movement Processing and Analysis System (COMPAS) or other WFP Corporate tools for data management;
- Organise refresher trainings on database management and monitoring for country office, sub-office and partner staff;
- Provide required inputs for all corporate reporting requirements like special project reports/ad-hoc reports.
- Serve as the focal person for data entry into WFP corporate system for reporting;
- Track, verify and reconcile beneficiary, food or cash movement and distribution data;
- Offer timely feedback to Sub-offices and partners on reports submitted;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a University degree in any of the following fields, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Development Economics or other related field from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of four years relevant working experience in a related field , with at least two years in database management related functions gained from reputable organizations;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in PHP, MySQL, SQL, HTML and Java Script is critical for management of the database;
- The prospective UN employees should be highly motivated and task oriented to achieve clear objectives within a specific period of time.
- They must be mature persons with sound judgement, good analytical skills, ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, ability to work in a team, ability to resolve operational problems, work with minimum supervision, cope with situations which may threaten health or safety, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified Ugandan nationals who meet the aforementioned job requirements are encouraged to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelop the vacancy announcement number and name of the applicant to:
The Human Resources Officer, UN World Food Programme, P.O. Box 7159, Kampala. Uganda.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in a box at the reception of WFP Offices at plot 17-19, Clement Hill Road.
NB: All applicants should check on the Notice Board at the main entrance to confirm that their applications have been received one week after the closing date. Applications must be received by the deadline and only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Please note that incomplete submission will be disregarded.
Deadline: 15th August 2014