Job Title: Assistant Administration and Logistics Coordinator
Organization: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Coordinator
Salary: UGX 34,149,393 gross per annum
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Assistant Administration and Logistics Coordinator will provide administrative and logistical support in two key support units: finance and administration; and operations and human resources. This position requires outstanding organisational and administrative abilities and excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement Management (50%)
- Ensure all Restless Development staff are trained in procurement planning and are aware of the main procurement procedures;
- Ensure that all procurement requests are delivered in a timely manner while ensuring that Restless Development purchasing systems and relevant donor guidelines are complied with;
- Ensure extensive supplier and market surveys are carried out and a preferred supplier list (Vendor Roster) and price lists are established and regularly updated;
- Secure best value for money and service benefits on all procurement requests;
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders in budget preparation and procurement planning and assist in building accurate and extensive budget breakdowns and ensure there’s a procurement plan for all budgets.
- Ensure effective performance of the procurement function country wide;
- Ensure that all procurement files are completed as per Restless Development logistics and financial procedures, and that the paper trail is closed off by handover of all documentation to the Finance Department.
- Support to procurement committee to check and prepare documents ahead of meetings. Ensure procurements follow policies in place.
Fixed Assets Management (15%)
- Ensure that all procedures and documents pertaining to Asset Management as per the Finance manual are in place and being followed;
- Update monthly fixed assets register and ensure all new assets not on warranty are duly engraved and put system in place to track all moveable assets such as cameras, projectors, voice recorders to prevent loss.
Vehicle and Driver Management (10%)
- Ensuring that all aspects of driver and vehicle policy are implemented and adhered to and ensure that timetables are in place for renewing of insurance/taxation/road licences etc. and that vehicles comply with relevant legislation at all times;
- Ensure that all car movements are well planned and plans are adhered to and ensure that a car/ motorbike maintenance plan is in place and executed to set standards;
- Ensure that checks related to safety of vehicles are carried out on a regular basis;
- Ensure that vehicle usage is controlled and monitored (including fuel usage, etc.);
- Ensure that all relevant monthly reports are compiled and submitted on a monthly basis;
- Carry out line management meetings (LMM) with drivers and guards. Ensure a guard roster is in place and Guard emergency phone is functional. All drivers should have their objectives in place.
Premises management (10%)
- Ensure contracts and contractual obligations with our landlords in HO, Jinja, Karamojong regions are maintained.
- Management of all logistic aspects related to office compound at the Kampala office
Security and Safety Management (10%)
- Act as the Security Focal Point counterpart for Restless Development Uganda on a daily basis (the Head of Restless Development Uganda Hub remains in-charge of all security matters)
- Provide support to the Head of Restless Development Uganda Hub to ensure that security guidelines for Uganda in general and field locations are regularly reviewed, and updated where necessary, and implemented;
- In absence of the Duty Officer, monitor security at all field locations on a daily basis, advising the Head of Restless Development Uganda Hub of any incidents that occur;
- Compile weekly security reports and issue to the Head of Restless Development Uganda Hub
- Follow up incident reporting (safety & security incidents) in all bases and ensure that copies of all reports are filed in Kampala
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Maintain internet and communications for HO, Jinja and Moroto. Develop and share internet usage control reports.
- Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends for which time off in lieu can be taken
- Provide immigration support to staff and volunteers as may be required from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Restless Development Assistant Administration and Logistics Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- At least three years of work experience in relevant field (i.e. logistics or administration resources management)
- Extensive knowledge of project management, vehicle management, communication systems, IT, procurement, stock control and asset management systems
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to problem solve and make sound operational decisions
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 20th May 2018