Job Title: Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS) Officer
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 240 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Child Protection Information Management System Officer is expected to help build a high performing FTR programme for SCI South Sudanese Emergency Response in Uganda, through coordination with the Country Office CP/ FTR teams and key partner agencies at field levels. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, UNHCR and with technical support from FTR Specialist and CP Manager, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day to day collection of field data and inputting data into CP IMS. The role of the CPIMS Officer is to support the collection of child protection data in South Sudanese refugee’s settlements/Transit Centers and support data management. S/he will enter FTR field data collected by the child protection team, conduct spot checks to ensure quality and detailed data is provided and entered into the database. He/she will also assist the Child Protection Field Team in child protection activities start up and implementation as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Child Protection Information Management System Officer job placement should hold a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, statistics, Social Sciences or Social Work. Additional training in biostatistics or professional data management courses, MIS and DHIS2, is an added advantage;
- One year of working experience with humanitarian, child-focused (preferably an International or national NGO);
- Knowledge of social research methods with experience with data analysis and management
- Computer literacy, Microsoft office, especially word, excel, access and other relevant computer packages including the use of email communication. An excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Knowledge and experience of working in humanitarian emergencies and specifically in Western Uganda is an added advantage.
- Possess high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 22nd April 2018