Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
WWF is one of the world’s largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of our planet’s natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
About RMNP Project:
WWF UCO with funding from the European Union is implementing the “Sustainable Financing of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park (RMNP) Project Uganda” a project aimed at promoting sustainable conservation financing within the Rwenzori Landscape. The Project will be implemented in partnership with the mandated Government Institutions, Civil Society Organizations, the private sector and communities within the Rwenzori Landscape.
Job Summary: The Finance & Administration Officer will offer support in the aspects of budgeting and financial reporting of the project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial Record keeping and update into FMS:
- Maintain financial records and prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with procedures established by WWF Uganda Country Office;
- Input financial data on a timely basis, verify and update the accounting application of all transactions keyed in by the accounts assistant;
- Processing and keying of the receipts for all projects into the FMS;
- Check all travel advances and travel expenditure accounting reports and process the clearing journals into the accounting application and ensure that all previous month’s travel advances are reconciled and have proper supporting original documents. If not generate a memo to all concerned to account or for recovery from payroll if same is not accounted for within two weeks after such notice.
2. Financial Administration and Reporting- all stakeholders:
- Update and present project budgeted expenditures and cash-flow forecast monthly or as may be required;
- By the 10th of every month prepare and submit to the Finance Analyst the following financial reports, the bank reconciliations statements for the project, accounts statement of outstanding debtors including travel advances and pending creditors list and other outstanding liabilities;
- Within 20 days after the financial year, or donors’ financial year prepare and reconcile the Project yearend financial statement with supporting schedules in preparation for external audit;
- Provide support in preparation and submission of expenditure financial reports as may be required.
3. Budget preparation and Administration:
- Verify and confirm eligibility and budget availability for all project payments and LPOs.
- Provide support as may be required during the WWF UCO annual budget preparation and consolidation process;
- Monitor and report unusual variances and trends and provide responses to inquiries concerning them;
- Draft correspondences and internal procedural directives relating to budgetary and financial matters.
4. Vendor management and liaison: Ensure that all payments are processed and payment made in a timely manner.
6. Cash and cash flow management
- Verify and confirm monthly petty cash reconciliations and cash count with every subsequent replenishment;
- Processing of disbursement requests with the required support documentation and submission to WWF UCO Donors in a timely manner;
6. Staff supervision and development:
- Ensure efficient supervision of Administrative Assistant, Drivers and undertake periodic staff appraisals required;
- Providing guidance and training to colleagues as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The WWF job seeker in the above portfolio must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent professional qualification.
- The applicant must be proficiency in the areas of office management, accounting and financial reporting with five years’ experience to show for it
- Prior work experience in a donor funded project environmental is desired;
- Significant knowledge and experience working with government regulations pertaining to finance and agreements, donor regulations as well as working with contracts and agreement, Human Resources management and able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Computer literacy skills with knowledge of computerized accounting programs.
- Possess ability to work independently and in a multi-cultural team.
- Must be willing to work at high altitudes in wet conditions;
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent knowledge of computer applications especially spreadsheets is a must;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English language and good interpersonal skills;
- All aspiring job holders should adhere to the WWF values of being knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs, and academic transcripts to the People Development Manager, WWF Uganda, at [email protected] A detailed job description may be accessed at www.panda.org/uganda.
Physical Office: WWF Uganda Country Office, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo P.O. Box 33513, Kampala – Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 29th January 2014