Job Title: Watershed Management Officer
The Hunger Project- Uganda is a non-profit strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of hunger and poverty through empowering people to lead lives of self-reliance.
Job Summary: The Watershed Management Officer will offer technical leadership, guidance and supervision in participatory planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the watershed management project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train/ build the capacity of target communities and stakeholders to plan, implement and monitor watershed management interventions.
- Actively facilitate the formation of watershed management association
- Conduct assessment of selected watersheds in collaboration with relevant resource persons as appropriate
- Actively facilitate the development of a community-based watershed management plan with the participation of various local stakeholders concerned.
- Facilitate/manage the process for implementation of watershed management plans by the target community and other concerned stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of an M&E system for the community-based watershed management, including proper record keeping
- Offer regular advice and mentoring support to communities on the appropriate watershed management technologies and practices
- Compile and prepare periodic reports and documentation on the progress of the watershed management interventions based on project terms of reference
- Work closely with the District Local Government Technical Officers and regular update them on the planning and implementation process for the watershed management
- Actively facilitate and lead the public consultation and stakeholder meetings
- Coordinate, manage, monitor and ensure the quality and timeliness in execution
- Establish and maintain effective links with all key stakeholders
- Perform any other related duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a University degree in agricultural/civil/water resources engineering or natural resources management
- A minimum of two years’ experience in project management and coordination position , on watershed management, natural resources management, or food security and sustainable development
- Good working knowledge on watershed management, disaster risk reduction, biodiversity conservation, socio economic aspects, poverty, natural resource management and sustainable development.
- Experience working in a rural environment, demonstrated capacity to support, advise and guide institutional building network processes with Governments & relevant partners.
- Strong managerial/leadership skills, interpersonal skill, commitment to team work and working across disciplines and stakeholders
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English,
- Fluency in Luganda or Runyakitara local language.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified applicants should send their applications, detailed CVs and copies of their academic certificates to the Country Director, The Hunger Project Uganda, Plot 8A Nakasero Lane, Kisozi Complex, P.O. Box 26393, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 14th November, 2014 by 5:00pm.