Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Mukono District Local Government
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Vacancy No: External Advert No. 001/2014
Mukono District Service Commission seeks to recruit new staff to help bolster its vision of being a prosperous Municipality for all and providing quality services within local and national priorities for improved standard of living of Mukono Municipal council.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be driving vehicles for official duty and assignments;
- Performing basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Quickly reporting major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer;
- Maintaining basic records regarding the vehicles as instructed;
- Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on duty.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Driver should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with pass in English Language.
- Possess a Valid Driving Permit of Class C or D
- Basic working knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance;
- Possess a Clean driving record;
- Skills in Pubic Relations and Customer Care;
- Good Time Management;
- High degree of flexibility.
Age Limit: 25-45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should obtain Public Service Commission Form 3 (Revised 2008), download here, and fill it in Triplicate or pick it from the Secretary to District Service Commission or Public Service Commission Offices on Farmers House Parliamentary Avenue First Floor.
All serving officers should send their applications through their Heads of Departments, who should be reminded of the closing date to avoid delay. The applications should bear the title of the post. Academic qualifications, testimonials, CVs and any other relevant documents should be attached plus three recent passport size photographs.
All complete applications should be sent to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 110 Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 30th January, 2015