Organization: Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Pre-press Supervisor
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) is a body corporate established under Cap.137 Laws of Uganda. Its Vision is “To be a leading center of assessment for quality education” and its mission is “To ensure continued improvement of quality, validity and reliability of assessment and evaluation of the curriculum and learners’ achievement.”
Job Summary: The Graphic Designer (Pre-press) will set the foundation for a successful printing production through proper format, appearance and lay-out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be providing professional graphic design and layout for electronic files, ensuring that plates are output in time and conform to dummy and budgetary requirements on the job card to ensure that clients are satisfied and there is no wastage.
- Performing digital prepress functions including checking for appropriate colour, fonts, quality and correct formats, photo enhancements, colour correction, allowance to determine the page layout, accounting for folds, bleeds and gripper and crop marks, send press ready documents to proof colour and final layout at proofing machine.
- Carrying out and providing technical support to clients to ensure that the art work provided for printing conforms to the set quality standards.
- Conducting periodic and daily maintenance of the pre-press machinery to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Tasked with coordinating printing schedules by working with supervisors across sections to ensure steady work flow.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Craft Certificate II (advanced) or a Diploma in Graphic Design or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- CTP/CIF knowledge will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the printing industry.
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Age: Between 25-45 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of three professional referees as hardcopies to the address below:
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda National Examinations Board,
Plot 35 Martyrs Way, Ntinda.
P.O. Box 7066, Kampala.
Deadline: 1st September 2017 by 5:00 PM