Job Title: Human Management Technical Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Health (MoH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Commissioner Human Resource Management
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has received support from the United States Government to strengthen its Human Resource capacity. The support is intended to improve human resource management and leadership mfr particular focus on policy and planning, performance management and human resource development. The Staff to be recruited under this support will be contracted by the MOH.
Job Summary: The Human Management Technical Assistant will provide TA to MOH to develop innovations to eliminate bottlenecks in health workforce recruitment business processes to increase efficiency and timey filling of positions, and plan for a more comprehensive restructuring of MOH, RRHs and LLHFs based on the labour market analysis results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build capacity in human resources management policies and identify reforms necessary for a responsive and resilient health workforce,
- Review the health workforce recruitment business processes and develop innovative strategies for enhancing efficiency in health workforce recruitment both at national and district levels.
- Promote use of WISN in staff deployment to optimize health workers productivity
- Develop plan to expedite the recruitment of staff for MOH
- Support MOH to transition the 1,965 contract health workers funded by the USG by 2020.
- Conduct wage analysis to generate information for recruitment planning and advocacy for wage allocation.
- Plan for a more comprehensive restructuring of the MOH, RRH and LLHF based on the labour market analysis results.
- Identify and promote service delivery models and task shifting practices that enhance efficiency in the utilization of health workers.
- Translate human resource management policies into operational procedures and standards
- Develop advocacy tools for HRH financing
Key Result Areas:
- Review the health workforce recruitment business processes
- Transition of 1,965 contract health workers to the GOU by 2020
- Restructuring MOH, RRH and LLHF based on the labour market analysis
- Conducting wage analysis for the open positions to generate evidence for advocacy for wage.
- Filling open positions in the current approved structure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours degree in Human Resource Management/Planning, Public Administration (Management option) or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management/Planning, Public Health or Health Systems Management or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- At least ten years of relevant working experience in managing or developing human resource policies and strategies in government or a reputable organization.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging advances involving human capital management and work processes as well as demonstrated ability to spearhead the reengineering of business practices.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in developing promoting and implementing effective organizational strategies, programmes and systems to foster a work environment and organizational culture that values technical and professional excellence, continuous learning and performance improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the Ministry’s vision, mission and goals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans are encouraged to send a filled Application Form/ Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and attach the following; recent certified passport-size photograph, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certified academic certificates and transcripts, photocopies of professional registration certificates and valid practicing licenses where applicable, two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers, a photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position and copy of national identity card. All applications should bear the title and the number of the post being applied for. Applicants should apply for only one post. Applicants should include their telephone and email contacts on their applications. The complete application should be submitted by hand to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O. Box 7272, Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya, Kampala, (At the Reception). Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Deadline: 2nd February, 2018