Apply for the job of an Assistant Audit Manager at Roofings Rolling Mills Ltd.
Roofings Rolling Mills is a leading steel manufacturing company in East Africa, having a three-Phased project comprising of a wire galvanizing line, reinforced TMT bars, Push, Pull Pickling Line (PPL), Continuous Galvanizing Line and Colour Coating Line located at the Kampala Industrial Business Park, Namanve, Uganda.
- Develop the risk profile based on the internal control environment of RRM and propose appropriate audit tests and procedures.
- Ascertaining and recording of systems including the preparation of flowcharts, narrative working papers and completion of Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQ)
- To conduct audits as directed, with other Internal Audit staff at RRM.
- Regularly evaluate and propose controls aimed at strengthening the security of the MIS applications used by RRM.
- Examination and interpretation of statutes, regulations and procedures to ensure operational conformity.
- Undertake reviewing of reports generated by Audit Officers and forward to Head of Department highlighting control weaknesses and significant loss or error and making recommendations for rectification.
- Ensuring conformity to the requirements of quality services.
- Ensuring the competence and efficiency of staff in the Internal Audit department in terms of knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Supervising and setting guidelines to the Internal Audit staff to ensure an efficient workflow in a work environment, which fosters high degree of personal integrity, team spirit and outstanding work standards.
- Assist the Head of Department in providing on-job support and mentoring of subordinate staff.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Economics or Commerce.
- Be a qualified Accountant with either ACCA or CPA
- Membership with Institute of Internal Auditors will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a steel industry.
- Good interpersonal skills and computer knowledge, experience working with Oracle based ERP is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently