Job Title: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Airtel Money Director
Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel in Uganda is a great success story in Uganda. Our customer base has grown tremendously – so has our coverage – and our service quality is unsurpassed in the market.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of Airtel Money products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Airtel Money laid down processes and procedures, and drive the required process reviews.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support the stability of the platforms and other applications that support the Airtel Money products and services.
- Deliver against the Airtel Money revenues and active customer base as per set targets
- Keenly track and monitor performance of shared services sections to ensure targets are met, e.g. technical & customer service.
- Drive employee productivity through engagement, facilitation, and training.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Airtel Money Operations Manager should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- At least ten years of working experience, with at least 5 years at a senior management level.
- Great numerical skills.
- Back-office team management.
- Strong and relevant Banking Knowledge and specific experience in banking operations.
- Technical skills for mobile money platform management.
- Channel management skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates are invited to send their updated CVs, academic qualifications with a day phone contact, address and an email address to – The Resourcing Team via Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com
Deadline: 28th February 2018
- Attach copies of all academic documents.
- Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
- We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us 2 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.