Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 240 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will support South Sudanese refugees in the West Nile region (Rhino Camp) and Republic Democratic of Congo refugees in the Western region (Rwamwanja Camp) of Uganda. Save the Children’s focus will be on treatment of acute malnutrition and prevention of stunting through the implementation of Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP) and Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) programme in both settlements. The incumbent will work with Save the Children’s field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful program and will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Project Manager job placement should hold a Graduate training in Nutrition or equivalent combination/blend of training and experience.
- Postgraduate training in nutrition or another relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of direct experience in nutrition programming, planning, implementation and/or evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to work in nutrition emergency program in collaboration with national health authorities and international partners and familiarity with the TSFP and MCHN interventions in Uganda
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically and demonstrate knowledge of grant regulations and policies.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 22nd June 2018