Job Title: Laboratory Technician – Electronics
Organization: Ndejje University
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ndejje University is a private, multi-campus, Christian university in Uganda, the third-largest economy in the East African Community. Ndejje University was established in 1992 under the Name and Style of “The Christian University of East Africa” under the pioneer-ship and ownership of Professor Reverend Doctor Sams Kironde Kigozi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting laboratory and teaching staff in preparing and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Supporting in fixing and troubleshooting issues, breakdowns, solving problems and execution of special projects.
- Performing preventive maintenance of equipment and minor breakdown maintenance.
- Ensuring a safe working laboratory environment in regard to the set Health and safety standards.
- Setting up Standard test apparatus.
- In charge of maintaining, repairing and calibrating electronics shop testing equipment.
- Assembling experimental circuits according to engineering instructions.
- Checking the functioning of new installed electronic equipment and evaluating systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold an Honor’s Bachelors degree or a Higher Diploma in a related field.
- At least two years working experience.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction and repair of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and precautions of the work.
- Working knowledge of the operation and uses of electronic testing equipment.
- Skills in the use of standard electronics shop tools and instrument
- Possess the ability to read and interpret complex electronic wiring diagrams.
How to Apply the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send handwritten or typed application (6 copies), detailed CV, photocopies of supporting and verified academic documents, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be a Religious Leader) and their telephone contacts to the University Secretary, Ndejje University, P.O. Box 7088, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 28th January, 2015.