Job Title: Management Trainee – Marketing
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive ganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Management Trainee – Marketing will assist the marketing Officer in conducting market research, product development, and sales promotions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in conducting market research and surveys
- Assist in corporate and or products/services branding and communications;
- Offering technical support in establishing and maintaining a responsive Call Centre systems;
- Assist in developing marketing, promotional briefs and messages for implementation.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of a marketing campaign’s and sales promotion progress and impacts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a BCom/BBA/BSc (Marketing Option) from a recognized University is a requirement.
- At least one year working experience in marketing with a reputable public, private commercial organization
- Computer literacy skills (Preferably Microsoft office Applications);
- Hands-on marketing skills;
- Possess the ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
- Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership;
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Be a person of integrity and honesty;
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 26th September, 2014 (Not later than 17.00 hrs. Local Time).
NB: No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).