Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country.
Job Summary: The Legal Recovery Officer will support the entire Bank network in recovery of loans in arrears especially those above 60 days and work with third party service providers(auctioneers) in relation to recovery to ensure effectiveness and recovery of all written off loans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and follow up the recovery of loans under legal action.
- Identify poor performing branches(with high arrears) and take quick remedial actions
- Oversee the recovery of charged off loans to avoid total loss of the same
- Manage the recovery team to support the entire network with recovery of loans especially those above 60days overdue
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of third party service (auctioneers) to ensure effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory frame governing the bank in regards to recovery
- Supports the preparation of all legal documents and correspondence of legal nature with third parties in regards to loans in default
- Works closely with external lawyers in connection with litigation for and on behalf of the bank in regards to delinquent cases
- Formulate views about potential legal problems in regards to delinquent customers
- Ensure safe custody of all impounded assets
- Contact customers whose accounts are overdue and ensure recovery of monies in arrears
- Assign defaulting customers to third party collectors and officers
- Ensure daily monitoring of delinquent accounts
- Ensure monthly/weekly reporting on progress of Debt collection & Preparation of monthly recovery reports.
- Mentor and train and coach staff in recovery procedures.
- Organize NPA meetings and report way forward
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Credit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned PostBank career opportunityshould hold a Bachelor’s degree law or related areas
- A minimum of three years’ experience in recovery and recoveryprocedures is desirable
- Significant legal knowledge in recovery procedures is a MUST
- Aggressive personality but with ability to communicate well with customers
- Highly proactive and accountable.
- Ability to write reports
- Must possess high level of integrity, a hard worker as well as a team player
- Ability to frequently travel out of station.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated detailed CVs, cover letters, certified copies of certificates and testimonials together with names, email addresses and daytime telephone contacts of three referees and address to;
Head Human Resources,
Post Bank Uganda Ltd,
Plot 4/6 Nkrumah road,
P.O. Box 7189, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday 24th July, 2015 by 5.00pm