Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Senior Business Development Officer
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization (NGO) dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Resource Mobilisation Officer will be responsible for leveraging for resources, skills, knowledge and experience of public and private partner organizations at the national and local levels in support of the implementation of the World Vision National Office objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Render support to the Programme Development Division in the acquisition of new grants and monitoring opportunities by researching on donor websites, newspaper postings and through Support Offices.
· Steer engagement of local collaborations with the corporate world, embassies and any other local engagement opportunity
· Work closely with World Vision Uganda technical specialists and Support Offices to develop high quality and innovative proposals
· Act as overall coordinator between Support Offices, partners, Quality Assurance and Integrated Programmes during the design process until project start up.
· Routinely review and improve concepts to proposal level
· Initiate new proposals based on relevant identified local opportunities for proposals with the Corporate, Embassies, High Commissions and academia institutions
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with principal donors with specific reference to in-country embassies, High Commissions, and the Corporate and understand emerging priorities
· Carry out resource mapping and develop strong and effective working relationships with Public and Private Partner (PPP) organizations, including understanding their interests and capabilities and come up with possible partner mapping for Corporate, Embassies/ High Commissions which should lead the campaign for local donor acquisition, cultivation, retention and increased visibility and image building
· The incumbent will support the Division in identifying strategic partners to strengthen World Vision Ugandas position in bidding for new awards
· Identify and Profile other strategic partnerships in Uganda and conduct due diligence exercises for partners involved in new proposal development. Ensure that partner relations are maintained and improved.
· Work closely with communication and programme department on the message, products and processes (marketing tool) to be used in approaching potential donors contribute aligned ideas for branding for the organization in order to gain sufficient and well placed visibility and prepositioning.
· Conduct resource mapping and develop strong and effective working relationships with Public and Private Partner (PPP) organizations, which exceed the life of the grant.
· Actively monitor and evaluate progress and impact of the PPP relationships/projects and their contribution to the NO objectives.
· Prepare and submit reports on PPP engagement, and project progress to internal and external stakeholders, Government and donors.
· Actively facilitate regular update to the PPP partners on branded events to build partner confidence and visibility
· Deliver Capacity building skills with NO and ADPs for local branding and engagement
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Business Development Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the World Vision Resource Mobilization Officer should hold a University Degree in Management, Development, or related field. Possession of a Post-Graduate Diploma in a relevant field, master degree in a relevant field is an asset
· At least four years’ experience, preferably in an international non-Government organization.
· Detailed knowledge and experience in project design and proposal writing to a high standard.
· Comprehensive understanding of major donors, Embassy and Corporate perspectives, requirements and standards.
NB: The position is open to Only Ugandan Nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 4th September, 2015.