The UN Physician is the Head of the UN Clinic of the UN system in Uganda. The Clinic Doctor works closely with WHO on health and medical matters and with UNDP on Administrative issues.
Reports to: United Nations Medical Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate VHF & HF radios, sat-phones and maintain daily radio and operations log book;
- Manage an efficient emergency coordination center;
- Conduct radio checks as requested by the UN security operations;
- Act quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant authorities to contain and help solve critical incidents;
- Coordinate and follow up with QRF for incident occurrences;
- Obtain security clearance for trips to and from UN operational areas country-wide;
- Record and track UN vehicles and staff movements during missions;
- Periodically check and maintain an updated list of important contacts, agency contacts, SMT, OMT, Warden list and contacts etc;
- Prepare and maintain updated UN information boards;
- Maintain a detailed incident log book for the daily security reports;
- Gather, compile and forward to the Security Officers and Data Assistant security information for regular reports;
- Keep stock of radio room equipment;
- Report all faults relating to the efficient functioning of the Radio room;
- Receive and place incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxes;
- Keep a register of office phone utilization;
- Prepare and conduct emergency telecommunications briefing for new staff;
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Masters Degree in Medicine from a recognized International Medical School. Valid license to practice.
- Five or more years progressively responsible experience and practice, in general and occupational medicine;
- Demonstrated capacity in management and providing advice on medical issues;
- Experience in preparing briefing material and conducting briefing sessions for large groups.
- Knowledge of a national language of the duty station.
- Language: Fluency in English in both writing and speaking.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Demonstrate the highest level of confidentiality.
- Possess strong organizational and solid interpersonal skills;
- Be a good communicator and possessing a strong interest in knowledge sharing;
- Adequate IT skills;
- Ability to lead and coach staff to conduct peer training;
- Ability to conduct administrative work;
- Ability to prepare briefing material and conduct bringing sessions for large group.
Management and Leadership:
- Demonstrate good manners;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Strong decision making and negotiation skills;
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolutions skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communications skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are one of the ideal candidates for this opportunity in working with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), then visit the web link below for full job details Click Here
NB: UNDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th November, 2013