Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to life-saving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. Since its establishment in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, CHAI has worked on the demand and supply sides of the market to help more than 2 million HIV+ people access the medicines needed for treatment—representing nearly half of all people on HIV treatment in developing countries. Building on this model, CHAI has expanded its scope to include efforts to strengthen healthcare delivery systems and to combat malaria and childhood illnesses.
Job Summary: The CHAI Administrative Assistant will conduct a broad range of activities to support the local office. The Admin Assistant will be working very closely with the HR Country Lead and across various departments to ensure the effective support of office management, procurement, events management and other administrative tasks as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize meetings and conferences, including coordination with external parties and organization on venues, food, transport, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements for visitors are made, including pickups, hotel and air bookings, and other travel arrangements
- Generate letters and communications to support office administration
- Assist in organizing and coordinate trainings, mentorships and other external activities, working with a variety of partners
- Technically support procurement and monitor stock of office supplies, kitchen supplies and programmatic materials
- Maintain a list of service providers and contacts, developing and adhering to agreed rates
- Ensure operation of all office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement
- Responsible for maintaining an office equipment inventory
- Monitor and help maintain the general appearance of the office
- Ensure the proper filing of documents (hard and soft copies)
- Perform data entry and data management
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member
- Quickly reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Perform other tasks as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a BA in Management or other related field
- Past exposure and experience in supporting/assisting office administration
- Detail-oriented with good organization skills
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Computer literacy skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong work ethic and flexibility
- CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
How to apply for the job:
If you are passionate about humanities and desire to join this prestigious health NGO founded by one of the United States of America’s Former Presidents, please click web link below.