Job Title: Airport Services Agent
Organisation: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Ref: QR8134
Qatar Airways has gradually grown to reaching over 120 destinations worldwide, offering unmatched levels of service excellence that have helped excel the award-winning carrier to become best in the world. Qatar Airways was voted Airline of the Year 2011 and in 2012 in the prestigious Skytrax industry audit and it has won the confidence of the travelling public.
With a larger number of passengers and more choice available in the skies today, Qatar Airways is looking to maintain and grow their position in the marketplace with exceptional high-quality service with ever-increasing efficiency. In this highly competitive environment, Qatar Airways has achieved much with our phenomenal route expansion averaging 30% growth year to year and flying one of the most modern fleet of almost 120 aircraft in the skies today.Qatar Airways’ global network currently spans key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America, with scheduled flights operating to and from our hub in Doha, capital of the State of Qatar.
Job Summary: The Qatar Airways Airport Services Agent will be responsible for providing excellent customer service at the airport, helping create a stress free environment for customers travelling with the Airline. The incumbent will ensure that the passengers receive total quality service and adhere to the safety policy and security standards of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of delivering the highest level of Customer Service at all customer touch points
- Work as a key liaison with Check-in, Boarding Gate, Ramp, Cargo, Lounge.
- The incumbent will be supervising service partners’ activities for the smooth acceptance of passengers.
- Directing Arriving/Departing passengers to respective areas such asArrival Hall, Transfer Area, Departure Gate, Lounge, etc
- In charge of checking entry requirements (visas, residence permits) are met
- In charge of coordinating with Cargo, Fuelling company, Baggage Make up Area, aircraft loading team, catering suppliers for a smooth turnaround
- The Airport Services Agent will also be processing all company mail
- Carrying out pre- and post-flight administration duties
- Handling baggage claims
- Ensuring compliance and adherence with QR Safety and Security requirements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his / her designate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Qatar Airways Airport Services Agent should hold a High School education or equivalent.
- The incumbent should preferably have at least a year’s experience in an Airline or GHA as Passenger Handling and /or Ground Operations staff, with a good knowledge of the Airport working environment.
- He / she should be energetic, enthusiastic, stress resistant person with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong team player
- Highly flexible personality
- Excellent decision making skills
- Possess solid commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment is essential.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of Amadeus Reservations, Altea & DCS will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to work in shifts including weekends and night shifts.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is essential for this role.
How to Apply for the job:
Please visit the web link below to Apply for this exciting opportunity in Qatar Airways. Please attach an updated Resume / CV and NOC for Internal QR Candidates OR Blank Page for External Candidates
Deadline: 14th July 2015