Job Title: Capacity and Resource Development Manager
The African Network for Strategic Communication in Health and Development (AfriComNet) is an association of health and development communication practitioners, who reside, work or have a primary interest in Africa. AfriComNet supports the collection and sharing of health communication resources and supports health communication capacity strengthening activities for its members. The Network’s mission is to strengthen capacity in, and commitment to strategic communication for health and development in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Capacity Building Duties:
- Manage the implementation of capacity building activities and support the organizational development needs of the secretariat; identify regional collaborative opportunities;
- Offer proficiency in strategic planning, development and execution;
- Actively coordinate the development of new and revision of existing curricula by the AfriComNet University partners and training institutions based on identified needs.
2. Resource Development Duties:
- Responsible for managing fundraising and resource development activities of the network;
- Support marketing and public relations efforts;
- Technically support the development of fundraising infrastructure to ensure that systems, policies and processes are up to date and consistent with fundraising goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Masters degree in communication, public health or other social science field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with NGOs in the field of capacity building, advocacy or resource mobilization.
- Past exposure and experience designing training materials and writing funding proposals.
- Strong management skills;
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal and networking skills.
How to apply for the job:
All candidates are required to submit their applications, academic transcripts and three professional references to the AfriComNet Secretariat, Plot 15 Binayomba Avenue (between Ambrossoli International School and Royal Suites) Bugolobi, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please clearly specify position you are expressing interest in on the envelope.
Deadline: Monday, 21st July 2014 at 5:00PM latest