Job Title: Receptionist
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The Receptionist will perform the tasks associated with CRS Kampala Office reception to include the management of the reception, telephone records and billing, handling of visitor’s cards, goods receipt, receiving visitors and in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate reception activities, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, announce and direct visitors to staff in the office in a courteous manner. Also, as requested, make appointments and take messages.
- Maintain an updated staff and telephone intercom list.
- Circulate copies of monthly telephone bills to respective staff for identification of personal calls. i.e. Mobile phones to respective staff, fixed telephones bills to respective sub office staff.
- Support with event planning activities, including coordination of conference room use, maintenance of CP schedules, calendars, and ensure relevant information is shared as needed.
- Manage internal/external office mail. Receive/Record all outgoing and incoming mail to include invoices. Distribute mail to respective officers. Also take responsibility for receipt/dispatch of Main office pouches.
- Manage incoming/outgoing pouches to the Regional and HQ. Ensure prompt delivery to recipients and payment to vendors effected.
- Provide secretarial support to the CP whenever required.
- Serve as a central point for disseminating interdepartmental communication. Facilitate communication with all departments and external stakeholders as relevant
- Support with Hotel & Flight bookings for all staff and guests and ensuring that they are handled within the required standards
- Preparation of petty cash requests
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when required which are consistent with your level in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Receptionist job should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration/Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a similar position, preferably with an international NGO.
- Computer Literacy in MS word, MS Excel, and E-mail communication.
- Person of high integrity, interpersonal and customer care relations.
- Good writing, listening and good communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive and patient.
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Trusting Relationships, Professional Growth, Partnership, Accountability
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – RECEPTIONIST only
Deadline: 31st October 2018