Job Title: Transport Assistant/Program Driver (7 Vacancies)
The Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development is primarily responsible for providing policy direction, national standards and coordination of all matters concerning lands, housing and urban development.
We are responsible for putting in place policies and initiating laws that ensure sustainable land management promote sustainable housing for all and foster orderly urban development in the country.
About USMID Project:
The objective of the Uganda Support to Municipal Infrastructure Development Program Project (USMID) is to enhance the institutional performance of program Local Governments (LGs) to improve urban service delivery. The core of the program will comprise two grant flows to Municipalities: (i) the Municipal Development Grant (MDG) which will provide substantial additional funds to the targeted Municipalities for investment in urban infrastructure, designed in such a way as to leverage and incentivize improved institutional and delivery performance of these bodies; (ii) the Municipal Capacity Building Grant (MCBG), amounting to about 7 percent of the MDG, which will provide Municipalities with the resources to access the capacity building inputs that are required for them to achieve the performance that the MDG will incentivize. The program will also involve a range of administration, oversight and support activities to be undertaken by the relevant central government entities responsible for the various elements of the implementation of the Program.
Job Summary: The Transport Assistant/Program Driver will mainly drive USMID Program staff and maintain Program vehicles in good mechanical conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe of staff to and from various destinations.
- Ensure safety and proper parking of all vehicles at all times.
- Compile and prepare monthly reports on the status and mechanical conditions of the vehicles.
- Keep the vehicle clean and interior kept regularly refreshed
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Program Assistant or member of PST.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Program Assistant should hold an “O” Level Certificate with at least five passes (including a pass in English language as a must), and a clean Driving Permit of Class “B”.
- Possession of a defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in motor vehicles is also an added advantage.
- A minimum of six years’ working experience as a driver in the Government (i.e. Ministry Department, Local Government or Agencies); or any other large & reputable organization.
How to Apply for the job:
The Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development invites interested candidates for the program support team (PSU) for the USMID Program. The complete applications should have detailed curriculum vitae including telephone contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and two referees should be addressed to: The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, P.O. Box 7096, Kampala, Uganda, Parliament Avenue. Applications should be physically delivered to the MoLHUD Procurement and Disposal Unit, Floor 1, Room 7, Parliament Avenue, Kampala.
Deadline: 15th May, 2014 by 17:00 hours