Job Title: Trade Finance Supervisor
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,500 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The incumbent will oversee all procedural functions and processing duties related to Import L/Cs, Export L/Cs, Local L/Cs, Guarantees, Inward and outward Bills for Collection, Trade Loans and related tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive all Import L/C applications and ensure collateral available before forwarding to the Trade Finance Officer for processing in equinox, trade finance module and swift and their issuance in accordance with the Latest UCP version and within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Receive all Export letters of credit and Local letters of credit and related documents, check and verify all the documents before courier to the beneficiary bank.
- Responsible for receiving and reviewing all applications for Guarantees before forwarding them to the Trade finance officer for processing and issuance in accordance with Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees and the corresponding ICC Publication number and follow up with legal department to ensure their timely closure.
- Receive and review all applications received under Documentary collection (for both export and import collections), and follow up for timely processing.
- Duly authorise all processed L/CS, guarantees and collections within set authorisation limits in Equinox, trade finance and SWIFT.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of the trade finance suspense accounts; make statistical analysis of all the requests received & processed and generate monthly reports on the overall performance in trade finance.
- The jobholder should monitor and diarize all trade finance products processed and drawings to be made as per set maturity dates, make daily updates and submit weekly reports in line with the Division work plan.
- Follow up and ensure non acceptance or payment of bills for collection is sent to the remitting bank in case the bill remains unaccepted or unpaid for two weeks after receipt or maturity in compliance with Bank of Uganda regulations.
- Follow up with all correspondent bank queries in regards to trade finance products to ensure timely and appropriate responses are made, and ensure that all Bank charges and commissions are collected as per the tariff guide on all transactions so that no income leakages are registered in line with Bank regulations.
- Supervise, mentor and coach so as to improve performance and development of subordinate staff in line with identified needs and HR policy.
- Ensure that Trade forex commitment is reviewed for accuracy and submitted to the regulator (Bank of Uganda) within agreed Service Level Agreements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Job Opportunity should hold a Bachelor degree, preferably in a business related course.
- At least three years’ cognate experience in Trade Finance in a busy environment preferably a financial institution.
- Good working knowledge in Trade Finance products namely; Letters of Credit, documentary collections and Guarantees.
- Superior Knowledge of SWIFT
- Excellent Supervisory and Management skills
- Well versed with ICC rules namely UCP600, URDG and URR725 among others.
- Excellent credit analytical skills
- Highly self-driven with a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent team player who pays special attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Possess the ability to embrace the Bank’s mission and values.
How to apply for the job:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager, Human Resources Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th July 2014 by 5:00 pm