Job Title: Principal/Senior Investment Officer – Business Development
The East African Development Bank (EADB) is an international development finance institution, whose mandate is to promote the sustainable economic development of East Africans. Shareholders of the EADB are Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, the African Development Bank (AfDB), and other international financial institutions.
Job Summary: The EADB Principal/ Senior Investment Officer will be in charge of attracting and developing investment opportunities, undertaking appraisal analysis, advising management on investment opportunities and coordinate the implementation of investment decisions to achieve the objectives of the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design new products and innovations which must be viable, practical, relevant to the locals and address the requirements of clients; and prepare Board papers on investment opportunities and feasibility studies for senior management and the Board of Directors to consider;
- Carry out investment analysis and appraisals on proposals submitted to the Bank and prepare investment analysis reports, undertake analysis of existing investment projects implemented and those in the pipeline, and identify and manage investment risks;
- Proactively coordinate the implementation of investments and monitor the performance of investment projects through progressive investment and income reports; monitor collection and recording of income on investments in conjunction with Finance Department to ensure timeliness and compliance with the reporting framework (IFRS, regulatory requirements etc.);
- Carry out continuous research and provide recommendations on significant developments, emerging opportunities and challenges in areas of responsibility. Provide information to potential clients and document the same to provide information on customer requirements/ areas of interest;
- Maintain communication with clients and manage client relations; ensure that they submit all the Bank’s requirements to facilitate the appraisal process; Provide feedback on the status of their application timeously and advise them on the bank’s processes and procedures, and in liaison with Finance, resolve payment and / repayment related issues; and
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a finance-related, engineering or other numerate degree from a recognized university with professional accounting or finance qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CFA;
- Possession of relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA or Masters in Finance;
- At least seven years’ relevant experience in a large commercial or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing; of which 3 should be at middle management level;
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using Financial models;
- Proven track record and experience in successful investment, appraisal, analysis and implementation is required;
- Possess the ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations;
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team to meet strict timelines;
- Significant experience of working with a large financial institution in the particular country, or multilateral organization is required;
- International exposure will be an added advantage.
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, mature and articulate in speech and presentation
- Excellent analytical skills, problem identification and solving skills
- Excellent innovative skills
- Business acumen with proven successful projects
- Tact , Diplomacy and Good networking skills
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers.
- Customer service orientation
- Results-orientation and dedicated to growing the Bank’s business in East Africa
- Fluent in English but working knowledge of Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you are a national of one of the EADB member states and your career aspirations match the aforementioned job role, please send your application via email, quoting the position on the subject of the email or cover letter. The cover letter should specify your suitability for the position that you are applying for and the detailed CV should highlight relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees.
The applications should be addressed to:.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Deadline: Wednesday 21 May 2014