Job Tittle: Senior Grants Manager
Job Summary: The Senior Grants Manager will offer support to the IDI Grants management unit specifically to the SDS program whilst giving support and technical assistance to 35 districts in the areas of grants management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and management information systems (MIS). The consultant will spend some time at IDI as well as in districts but will be readily available to support through phone and/or e-mail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinates and implements training programs at IDI as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in participant selection, training, clinical mentoring, assessments and evaluations.
- Budget preparation and development for grant proposals for the districts
- Contributes to curriculum development, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of programs, mobile trainings, team and cluster training.
- Technically support the districts in grants and financial management
- Prepare financial reports in time as required ensuring excellence and compliance to quality and format guidelines.
- Develop and implement grants management training courses under the SD Program
- The applicant should degree in a relevant field including finance, business or commerce
- Additionally, he/ she should hold a masters’ degree in a relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience in grants management relating to funding agencies and reporting.
- Prior experience working with USAID and its implementing partners
- Prior experience working with local governments and offering them technical support
- Budget preparation experience
- Project planning and management experience
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills particularly in written and oral English
- Advanced analytical, evaluative and critical thinking skills
- Budget preparation and fiscal management skills
- Proficiency in computer systems i.e. Microsoft applications particularly MS Excel, desktop publishing
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply should email as well as post or deliver an application letter (clearly labeled – Application for Grants Officer) with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resources
Infectious Diseases Institute
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala. Uganda .