Job Title:Senior Manager Internal Audit & Risk Management
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager Internal Audit & Risk Management will provide training and mentoring to the current project audit team with a clear 1-2 year timetable to bring them up to full proficiency for a full audit function for IDI.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the strategic internal audit aspects – 10 top risk reviews and follow up, BCP, DRP, strategic reviews of policies SOP etc.
- Mentor SMT of audit readiness and use of audit feedback
- Offer support to finance and operations as needed to help with maintaining systems that are rigorous for auditing
- Work with specialized auditors e.g. IT auditors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have current ACCA; CPA, CIA, or equivalent professional accounting qualification, with experience in financial management and internal audit and risk management. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or commerce (with specialty in Accounting/Auditing), AND a member of a professional body e.g. IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors Association).
- In addition, the candidate must have at least fifteen years of experience in Auditing, Accounting, Finance and Administration, five of which must have been spent in a managerial role.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is highly desirable.
- The candidate should have substantial experience (minimum of 15 years) in Internal audit and risk management strategy, operations and management
- Highly proficient in computerized accounting and spreadsheets. Candidates with experience in Navision Accounting Package have an added advantage.
- Possess the ability to supervise and oversee work performed by others in the internal audit and risk management office including strategic planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to be involved with several audit planning and execution projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with employees and other agencystaff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present audit and risk management information clearly to non-financial/audit people.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in risk management and risk based audits (RBA).
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out internal/external audits of medium to large sized organizations/firms.
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand-deliver, email or post an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resource,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
Deadline: Friday 8th August 2014