Apply for the job of Accounts Assistant
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) Uganda Research Unit on AIDS based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organisation funded by the Medical Research Council (UK), DFID (UK) and other donor organisations.
- Makes petty cash payments, checks claims, files receipts, checks accountabilities and imprest reimbursement and balances the cash daily.
- Enters journals in the accounting system (Dynamics) and ensures that entries are correctly coded using the Unit expense code and cost centres.
- Updates fuel disbursed on the Dynamics system and makes monthly reconciliation of fuel stocks for fleet and generators.
- Enters mileage recharges for the fleet across different projects
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank and petty cash accounts balances.
- Maintains and ensures the safe custody of financial records and documents.
- Deposits bankings and collects cash.
- Observes compliance with accounting SOP’s in all accounting entries.
- Raises invoices and follows up to ensure payments are made and receipted in the specified timelines, and chases up outstanding balances.
- Enters mileage recharges onto the Dynamics system and prints off monthly fuel reconciliations for review by the fleet supervisor and SME, for final review by DOP
- Assists resolve any general accounting queries on request by sourcing information from the system
- Provides support during internal and project audits by availing requested documentation
- The job holder must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting, Commerce or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a busy accounts environment in an international or research organization.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics Navision ERP packages is desirable.
- People and financial management skills and a high degree of numeracy is required